Today, March 1, is National Pig Day! Celebrate this joyous occasion by giving thanks to your favorite pig. Or delicious pig-based product.
Last year, we celebrated National Pig Day with our Pig Heaven Honor Roll, a list of our picks for top pork purveyors, pork dishes, pork-knowledgeable chefs, and pork-related media in the country. We also made it a point to saturate the week of last year's National Pig Day with more pig-related posts than usual.
After the jump are ten of our favorite bacon and pork-filled posts from the last year.
- For an Edible Container, Try Bacon Bowls
- Behold the Bacon Pig
- In Videos: Jim Gaffigan on Bacon
- Snapshots from Asia: Bak Kwa, Chinese Pig Candy
- Pork: It's the Meat of Kings
- Bacon-Wrapped Turkey: You Know You Want It
- Nobody Wants to Enter the Bacon Tomb
- Photo of the Day: Bacon Mat
- Burger Made of Ground Bacon
- The Math of Perfectly Crisp Bacon
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.