Each year, the Menu for Hope charity raffle brings together food bloggers worldwide in the fight against hunger. Bloggers offer prizes that readers may buy virtual raffle tickets to win, with the proceeds going to the U.N. World Food Program. This year, Serious Eats is serving as the "regional host" for the USA East Coast Region, which means we'll be bringing you periodic updates on prizes and such. This is one such update. Adam
The prize code for this item is: UE46
For a complete list of prizes offered worldwide, visit ChezPim.com.
To enter to win this prize or any one (or more) of dozens of prizes, visit firstgiving.com/menuforhope4. (Be sure to remember the prize code for the item you want! For more on how to enter, see this how-to below.)
If you're interested in buying into the raffle, here's what you need to do:
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope at http://www.chezpim.com/blogs/2007/12/menu-for-hope-4.html
2. Go to the donation site at http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhope4 and make a donation.
3. Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code:
Above: Here's an example for a basic order for 1 ticket for prize "EU01." IMPORTANT: Check the box marked at bottom "I am happy for the page owner to see my email address ..."! This will allow the organizers to contact winners.
Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02. Please write 2xEU01, 3xEU02. Example:
Above: An order for 5 tickets ($50) applied to two prizes would look like this. If your company matches your donation, be sure to note it like so.
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Check back on Chez Pim on Wednesday, January 9 for the results of the raffle.
Thanks for your participation, and good luck in the raffle!