- Cooking ground beef to 160°F kills E. coli (and perhaps your desire to eat it). [TCPalm]
- Five healthy food trends: Cooking Light identifies five good-for-you food trends. [Cooking Light/CNN]
- Beverly Hills institutes smoking ban in outdoor dining areas: California law prohibits smoking inside restaurants, cafes, and bars. A growing number of cities have taken things a step further by banning smoking in outdoor venues. [L.A.Times]
- Gamble away your money and your health: In Tunica, Mississippi, "a 560-seat Paula Deen's Buffet will be installed at the Grand Casino Resort Tunica." Deen is the woman, you'll remember, who offers a deep-fried butter recipe. [Associated Press]
- Battle over best way to ensure food import safety: Government and food industry officials favor high-tech solutions, while consumer advocates argue for more inspections. [Washington Post]
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.