I paged through immediately to Jackman's chapter on burgers, and he namechecks most of the heavyweights in American burgerdom: Louis' Lunch in New Haven, Connecticut, the Apple Pan in Los Angeles, and the burgers I grew up on in suburban Kansas City—Winstead's.
More burger goodness follows, but for now, I'll remind you that we've got some copies of Eat This! to give away. Details here.
Eat This! on Burgers
Run, Don’t Walk, For…
- Green Chile Cheeseburger at the Bobcat Bite: sit at the counter and keep an eye out for what’s happening out the window.
- South of the Border Burger at Island Burgers and Shakes in New York.
- Shack Burger at the Shake Shack, and cheeseburger at the burger joint, New York.
- A Double-Double at In-N-Out.
- A Sirloinburger with cheese at Le Tub, in Hollywood
If You’ve Never Tried…
- A frita in Miami, it’s a genuinely different burger experience.