- It takes roughly 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
- Peanut butter is consumed in about 89 percent of US households.
- The world's largest peanut butter factory – Jif, in Lexington, Ky. – churns out 250,000 jars of the tasty treat every day.
- The average child will eat 1,500 peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches before he or she graduates high school.
- Women and children prefer creamy, while most men opt for chunky, according to the National Peanut Board.
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.