Presenting the first annual Serious Eats Food Rorschach Test. Your answers will provide a window into your inner soul (food and otherwise). But unlike other (psychologists and psychiatrists) professionals who administer Rorschach tests, I have no way of interpreting the results. And since this is a self-administered Rorschach, you can interpret the results any way you see fit. If it's not too painful I would appreciate everyone who takes the test to share his or her results in any way you deem appropriate.
- 1) Haggen Dasz or Ben & Jerry's?
- 2) Skippy or Jif?
- 3) Bagel or Bialy?
- 4) Whipped or Regular Cream Cheese?
- 5) Relish or Sauerkraut on your hot dogs?
- 6) Milk or Dark Chocolate?
- 7) Salted or Sweet Butter?
- 8) Pastrami or Corned Beef on a Deli Sandwich?
- 9) French Fries or Onion Rings?
- 10) Espresso, Regular Coffee or Latte?
- 11) Crispy or Pliant Bacon?
- 12) White or Dark Meat (on either chicken or turkey)?
The only rule that will be strictly enforced is the no equivication rule. That is, you can't say that I like sweet butter on certain things, and salted butter on others, even if it's true. You must decide which is your over-all preference and vote accordingly.
I would also appreciate any suggestions about questions that should be on the next Food Rorschach test.
You may start the test any time.
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.