I was gifted POUNDS of point reyes blue cheese, and am looking for ideas on what do with with it all. I have made pasta sauce, at it on salads, pepper jelly, made salad dressing. Need some idea that uses a large amount... Thanks!
Sometimes I think my state is overlooked in particular gems of the food world. Also, that my state is overlooked in general, and I love it here! If any of you have certain Oklahoma food memories i'd like to hear them.
Things that enjoy about my state are..
1. Braums! I know there are a few outside of oklahoma, but none are more than one days drive from the dairy in Tuttle. Braums is one of only two large independant dairy's in the United States, and the Products are very, very good (cottage cheese, milk, ice cream (best i've had packaged), cheese, ect) plus its a hamburger joint! I know some are dirty, i'm not sure why.. but In the next year all of the stores (ice cream and dairy stores) will be serving pure, oklahoma beef! Also, its the only skim milk that is double concentrated by a process they invented. Hooray for Braums!
2. Del Rancho. Its the best chicken fried steak i've had in my entire life. and you order your meal over a phone.
3. Okarche (eichens) fried chicken, the best fried chicken i've ever had, in the oldest bar in oklahoma. insane whole birds served on white paper with a basket of pickles, onions, and white bread.
4. There are two places, on in oklahoma city (Juniors) and in tulsa (Celebrity Club) that are pretty famous for table side ceasers, fried chicken, and steaks. The decore is straight 1950's, red velvet, piano player every day, and sunkin bar. foil lined wall paper is great too.
5. Jamils! The best Lebonese steak house. In business for over 60 years, the setup is great. Hickory smoked steaks, and the meal before the meal. Cabbage rolls, hummas, tabouli, pita, smoked meat tray, salad, veggies, and that homemade steak sauce, all included in every dinner.
6. Fin and Feather resort. Its basically the resort from dirty dancing, with themed buffets every night, giant organ and girls dancing to the sounds of that themed night! Lake tenkiller!
I could go on, but what have you experienced?