I just got two pounds of yellow and brown mustard seeds. I was wanting to make some gourmet mustards from scratch.
Anyone have any good recipes? Also any info about storing, how and how long and any other info on making mustard, I have never done it before.
I just found this photo on kevin Eats' blog, something jumped out a "micro burger" this prompted me to think about other possible Micro Foods/Recipes
Here is the photo of the burger: http://www.kevineats.com/pics/2009/090613-GuySavoy/DSC09041.jpg
Anyone have other ideas / recipes / photos or have even heard of this?!?!
I have been wanting to make gelato and ice cream recently, I have found this base recipie for it but I have heard from some that gelato in mild flavors (vanilla) can taste almost "Eggy"
Here is the recipe base I found, let me know if you all have a tried and true recipe for gelato or ice cream base
* 2 cups milk
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 4 egg yolks
* 1/2 cup sugar
1. In a medium saucepan, mix milk and cream. Warm until foam forms around the edges. Remove from heat.
2. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until frothy. Gradually pour the warm milk into the egg yolks, whisking constantly. Return mixture to saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until the mixture gels slightly and coats the back of the spoon. If small egg lumps begin to show, remove from heat immediately.
3. Pour the mixture through a sieve or fine strainer into a bowl. Cover, and chill for several hours or overnight.
4. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to a sealed container, and freeze until firm. If the gelato is too firm, place it in the refrigerator until it reaches the desired consistency.
1. Can anyone recommend a good Ethiopian restaurant in Charlotte NC?
2.Anyone have good recipes for injera bread? I hear its really hard to make.
Tomorrow I am going to go and pick up my new knives and I was wondering what kind of steel I should use for them? I know there a few types out there, but what is best for high carbon stainless steel knives. I am relatively new to all of this, any insight? Any Do's and Don'ts are appreciated too! :)
I currently have this steel click here
PS: the knives I'm getting are the Messermeister - Meridian Elite if the type has anything to do with the steel type.
I want to buy a knife case because I often cook a friends houses and their knives....well...ive seen butter knives that are sharper.
I don't know what to look for in a case, what works and what doesn't, etc. Any tips or suggestions?
Also what do people/chefs usually have in their case other than knives?
Where can you buy Lavender...online maybe? I was thinking of making a lavender ice cream, But I have never seen it for sale (food grade)
What recipes do you all have for this unique ingredient?
when making a great burger and you are going to grind your own beef. what cuts do you suggest and what ratios if you have a more than one.
Also what are some mix-ins that ppl like to add to their burgers?
I don't know how the Mexican restaurants make such good cheese dip, but I love it! There are a few options that you can buy at the store, but I like to make things from scratch. should be cheeses that are widely available and doesn't harden too quickly after its off the heat.
Anyone have a recipe for white cheese dip? I have found allot of chilli con queso, fondue, and velveta recipes, but these aren't the White cheese dip.....anyone?
ryan112ryan hasn't favorited a post yet.