Post your recipe! Usually these things probably come out of starvation and items left in your pantry/fridge. Or out of boredom (remember mixing everything in the fridge into a 'suicide drink' and then telling your friends to drink it? haha)
I've been a vegan consumer for 5 or so years but I recently started buying local AWA dead animals from Grazin Angus-- I say this so you can understand why I had the ingredients I had.
Fried Tofu with Chicken Gravy Sauce
(Ps I've never made gravy and I don't even know if this is officially gravy, but it sure tasted like it)
Sliced tofu (1/4"?)
1. Fry up some leftover chicken bits (I used the bone and fat/cartilage from a breast that I almost died eating [I made a post you can find on Food&Drink])
1a. Add onion at the right time so you don't burn it.
2. While your chicken is browning, flour your tofu lightly with flour, salt, and cut some sage.
3. Take chicken/onion out and put in a bowl. Fry tofu til golden brown, pepper.
4. Remove tofu, add back the chicken/onion, add sage, cook for a min., and then deglaze with 3/4c? veg stock (I like Better Than Buillion but don't use a whole tsp for 8oz, it's too salty)
5. Cook for a couple minutes, add leftover flour from tofu (enough to thicken). Reduce to desired consistency, strain, and pour on fried tofu.
The sauce had a beautiful peppery sage flavor. Wasn't very complex at all though.