A drinker and eater of traditional foods from all cultures, especially American. What is American cuisine? Hamburger and pizza. I love Slice and AHT, but right now leaning more towards Slice as a favorite.
Made this recipe tonight. I changed it a bit. I added chopped dried mushrooms at the same time as the lentils, and instead of creme fresh I used vegan sour cream (so my vegan wife could eat it). It was delightful!
What about Cotija, at the market down the street (Southern California) they sell it in an 1/8 wheel. Once it is sliced it is firm enough to withstand the grill and get some good grill marks. I have even crumbled it on food after grilling! Goes great with quemada salsa.
I am a teacher, thus a control freak. I host, cook on the grill, and ask for sides and desserts. I'll let folks know what I am cooking/grilling and if they want the fancy brioche buns, or certain type of bbq sauce. My wife, who is vegan, gets first dibs at the clean grill for her veggies and such, then the meat goes on. That would be tough to do if folks show up at anytime expecting to use the grill for their meats.
Does anyone have an idea of how big a container it can heat? If I want to do a 10 lbs pork shoulder in a 5 gallon tub, would it work? I am looking to do a smoker speed up. Smoke a shoulder for a few hours to get the smoke ring, then through it in the water to finish cooking. Would that even work?
As an all grain home brewer grains are really interesting to me and this article is great! I do have one question though: Where does flax fit in here? Is it a whole grain?
I am in for San Diego for a city. If were were talking about a region, I'd say Northern California. If it were a state I'd say California or Colorado.
My vegan wife says ribs, especially when I eat them!
Thee best craft brewery in my state is Bootleggers Brewery in Fullerton CA!
I hope they sell "upgrade" kits for the folks that all ready love their pizza kettle and want it to work at its best. I will readily throw my money at that!
So I tried this and failed. I had crispy noodles with hamburger instead. I think I let the ramen sit too long before trying to fry them. I'll try again later.
As an omnivore I was trying to attract the attention of a really cute vegan and I smoked Tofu for her. I did a test and cut it in cubes first, at like 7:00 AM to see what would be best. In 10 minute increments I took one cube off and at 9:00 AM I took the last off. The best was about 40 or 50 minute mark. While this was not that strange, it was for me; I never smoked a non-meat item. By the way it worked and I am marrying said vegan in the Fall. LOVE.
So, If I want to keep spice in my food or even increase it, should I soak some peppers in alcohol and then add it in that way and simmer to get rid of the H2O? would that work?
As a vegan for many reasons- animal rights, environmental, lactose intolerance, as well as my health- the annoying thing is other people making a big deal out of how/what I eat. asking a vegan/vegetarian "how do you get enough protein?" is like asking a smoker "do you know cigarettes cause cancer?" Everyone knows that. Just like veg's know it's hard to be healthy especially dining out. But that comes with ANY diet, not just vegan. I eat healthy 95% of the time. The other 5% is chocolate, beer, vegan candy/cookies/cupcakes, and it's annoying to have comments either way about what you eat when it's no one's business.
The worst part of eating out, as a vegan, is the growing resentment I secretly have towards the gluten-free people. Admittedly my bff has celiac and gets sick when just a drop of flour touches her food, and that is unfortunate. I go out of my way to make her feel welcome when I cook for her. But I get sick when meat stock or butter is mixed into my meal at a restaurant. I see "gluten free options!" all over menus now at mainstream restaurants, but when I ask about vegan options I can sometimes get attitude. :/
As to the only one watching it, no. I actually kind of dig it. I keep asking myself "what would I put on the spoon?" This drinkimg game will get me in trouble as that is a Tuesday is a school night, so I might hold off watching it for the weekend.
BTW, loved the super bowl drinking game.
I am loving this! I love pork, all kinds, and I live in OC so this is close. I know what I am doing this weekend!
I love hearing about places that are down the street from me. Also, Orange County beer scene is booming and people are really liking the variety that is coming up from San Diego, down from Los Angeles, and brewed right here is OC.
Beer counts as a fermented food...right?
Carrots or ham, but usually not together.
I used a thermometer for my tea.
Pineapple and fresh jalapeno!
I have my fill of In'N'Out and now 5 Guys, but I would really love to try a Shake Shack burger!
Put it with carbs, whether it is pizza or pasta or bread, it is all good!
garlic or carrots, it is toss up.
lapbplayr hasn't favorited a post yet.