Carly Fisher is a food writer based in Chicago and editor of NBC's blog The Feast. She can be found praising local eats in publications like Food & Wine, Saveur, and McSweeney's, while lamenting her hangovers at the Chicago Brunch Blog.
Le Peep? Orange? Come on people!
Some other recs:
- Cai has replaced Phoenix as my new dim sum palace
- Birchwood Kitchen for croque madame
- The Publican for red wine poached eggs and fries with eggs
- Ina's for fried chicken and waffle; heavenly hots (R.I.P. Kith & Kin)
- La Boulangerie for crepes (okay, it's not a *brunch* spot but I love it)
- Rootstock for the best charcuterie stick ever on a Bloody Mary
- Lula Cafe for whatever the special is; also, the Bloody Mary
- Bill Kim makes the world's best breakfast burrito but unfortunately Belly Shack doesn't do regular brunch. If they ever host their rare pop-up, you must go.
- Eggs benny at Big Jones
- Nanadict and banana granola pancakes at Nana
- Doughnuts at Nightwood
- Cinnamon roll at The Bristol
- Breakfast tacos at Mercadito (though you'll have to deal with loud music)
Not to be forgotten: the duck (and sometimes lobster) poutine at Goose Island is worth every cholesterol point.
Great piece, Huge! I dig the poutine at The Rocking Horse, and the fact you can get it with tots :)
@Nick - How can you be warded off from poutine? It's basically a more snackable version of mashed potatoes and gravy!
Hey Texas Monkey, are you thinking of a pandoro? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandoro