Just a hometown gal who likes to cook!
Don't judge but once in awhile I like a couple of slices of white Wonder bread with the crusts off and rolled into a ball.
IF I drink which is rare, the next day at exactly 4:00 pm is when I get sick. It is on the minute and it ain't pretty.
I usually crave Mexican food but if I really want or need to get it over with then I will mix up a bowl of Chili beans and Tuna Fish and let the fun begin.
MAC & CHEESE
1 cup skim milk
5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
2 cups (6 ounces) shredded medium cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons margarine
1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (about 1 3/4 cups cooked)
1. Whisk the flour into the skim milk in a small saucepan, then place it over medium-low heat.
2. Add the shredded cheddar cheese, margarine and salt and stir often with a spoon until the cheese begins to melt. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Use a whisk to stir the sauce every couple of minutes so that it becomes smooth and thick.
3. While the sauce thickens, prepare the macaroni by dumping 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni into rapidly boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes or until tender, and then strain. You should have about 1 3/4 cups of cooked macaroni.
4. When the cheese sauce has simmered for 30 minutes, pour the pasta into a medium bowl. Gently stir in the cheese sauce, and then pour the mixture into a loaf pan or casserole dish.
5. When you are ready to dive into your macaroni & cheese, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. for 50 to 53 minutes, or until the cheese begins to brown slightly.
Breakfast Casserole with Link Sausages and Cream of Mushroom soup! YUM!
What is that wonderful recipe in the picture? YUM!
Hamburgers but I keep eating them. They are easy.
Making love to my husband.......He thinks I am working !!!! Shhhhhh
I am lucky enough to have been born and raised in Walla Walla, Washington (yes, it really does exist...), where we are famous for our Walla Walla Sweet Onions.
I am sure that Chef Besh is familiar with this product that we are very proud to produce and share with the world.
As sweet as apples :)
The Safeway brand has an excellent pizza!
Take care and God Bless!
The pack date was Dec. 10th and the expire date was Jan. 1st? Isn't that quite a long stretch?
Homemade wonton soup with BBQ Pork, Green onions, mushrooms and chicken broth. (really doesn't take long to whip up).
OMG! My mouth is watering!
I eat cookies.
Therefore I am......
Spritz Blossoms -
dainty cookies, decorated with powdered sugar icing and silver dragees.
They really look like snowflakes and make beautiful gifts.
Eggs - 3
Maybe it was the lemon that was missing?
Spend the $40 and get a new one.
OMG I want this issue but what are the chances I am going to find The New Yorker magazine in Walla Walla, Washington? UGH!
I can't even light a candle without burning my fingers.
Ya think I am going to try and attempt this?
OK, what is that recipe on the cover of the book? Gotta have it!
For YEARS I have taken this dessert to parties and potlucks and everyone craves it and have wanted the recipe but I won't budge.
I worked at Disneyland for about 4 years and there is still a girl who emails me for it and I just ignore her.
There are 3 ingredients to it and if anyone knew it they would probably kill me for keeping it a secret.
It has worked this long......