Thanksgiving Food Traditions
For 5 or more generations, our family has always eaten Gurkensalat (German Cucumber Salad) at Thanksgiving. Would anyone be willing to share their family Thanksgiving food traditions and recipes?
About This Recipe
|Active time:||4 hours 20 minutes|
• 2 large cucumbers, sliced thin
• 1/2 onion, sliced thin
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 2 tablespoons white sugar
• 2 tablespoons white vinegar
• Other spices, to taste (pepper, dill, paprika, etc.)
1) Place the cucumber slices in a container and cover with cold water. Refrigerate 4 hours.
2) Combine and mix the onions, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, salt, and spices.
3) Fold cucumber slices into the sour cream mixture.
4) Refrigerate 8 hours to overnight. (optional)