The American Baking Competition is surprisingly good
I hate reality TV. I hate competition cooking shows. But this one is actually watchable and here's why:
1. No bleepety bleep swearing.
2. Very little cutaway-interview snarking at the other contestants or backstory cry-at-the-camera sentimentalism.
3. No bizzare location changes or product placement devices that ruin any sense of fairness.
4. The challenges are honest and the judging is fair. The contestants seem to generally respect each other.
5. The camerawork and editing of the baking sequences is pretty informative. I'm learning a lot by watching it.