I love tiramisu. It is one of my favourite desserts. I wanted to try and make a tiramisu ice cream, but could not find one. Not a true one. Found some with vanilla ice cream, then put all the bits together.
For those of you who like tiramisu, and ice cream, here is what I came up with.
What you will need:
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Milk
500g (16 oz) Mascarpone Cheese
4 tbsp (60ml, 2 fl oz) Coffee Liqueur (I used Baileys)
Some liqueurs have a stronger flavour, so add 1 tbsp (15 ml) at a time.
1 tsp Rum
1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Grated (More to use
as a garnish)
3 Ladyfingers Biscuit (cut in thin slices width
wise) extra whole ones for serving.
What to do:
1. Add the sugar, milk and Mascarpone cheese in to a medium mixing bowl.
2. Use a hand blender to mix until blended and smooth.
3. Add in the coffee liqueur one tbsp at a time. Mix well and then taste. If you need to, add the next tbsp of the coffee liqueur.
4. Once the taste is how you want it, place mixture into your ice cream maker.
5. Drizzle a tiny bit of the coffee liqueur over the chopped biscuits.
6. In the last 10 minutes add the chopped biscuits and grated chocolate.
Serve with a ladyfinger biscuit cut in half, and top with a bit of the grated chocolate.
I hope you enjoy