Gem pans...???

Ok, I inherited from my Mom something she always called gem pans. Essentially they are muffin tins that hold a scant 1/4 cup of batter. Smaller than a standard muffin tin, but larger than a mini-muffin.

When searching the web to see if I could find a few more, I found that there are a variety of items referred to as "gem pans" --everything from ebelskiver pans to corn stick pans. There is no manufacturers name on these aluminum ones that I have; and I have 3 each having 6 cups. They're so tiny I was hoping for more.

Have you ever heard of them, and what kind of pan are they? I'm just curious since there seems to be some differences from region to region on what they are.

Talk is closed, but that doesn't mean the conversations have to stop!

Check out this post for a more thorough explanation, and jump onto our Facebook page or our Twitter feed to keep the conversations going!


Comments are closed