Serious Eats: Talk
Variation on chicken with pan sauce?
OK, so for a quick weeknight dinner once or twice a week I make the following dish. It's more a method than a dish:
- dredge chicken cutlets (or whatever boneless chicken I have lying around) in seasoned flour
- sauté in butter until brown on both sides
- removed from pan and cover with foil
- add splash of wine to pan, reduce
- add chicken stock to pan (sometimes homemade if I remember to defrost, other times boxed or water+bullion)
- reduce until sauce-like (sometimes I thicken with a little Wondra, sometimes not)
- add chicken back to pan with any juices
- sprinkle around some capers, possibly a squeeze of lemon if I have it on hand
- simmer until chicken is cooked through
I usually serve with a simply veggie side, something that will cook in the same amount of time as the chicken, green beans, broccoli, leftover mashed potatoes, whatever.
I'm looking for any variations anyone might have on this theme. This is a dinner that can be on the table in 15 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken). There is NO CHOPPING, which I like.
Any ideas of what else I could do to jazz this up?