Entertainment Coupon Books?
I see the yearly Entertainment coupon books are down to $15 (with coupons good through September).
Do you use them?
I haven't tried in years, but I think there are a lot of potential drawbacks, including:
1. Restaurants arbitrarily stop honoring them.
2. It can be embarrassing using a coupon when "dining out".
3. Not everything is covered.
4. Uncertainty as to tipping.
5. Potential grief from establishments.
6. Lockout periods for popular days / times / dishes.
7. Coupons may not be combined or may not be used as one expects.
8. Most of the coupons will NEVER get used.
9. Savings in the end may not be great or enough of a reason to pick one venue over another.
10. Using coupons for places you DO already like seems like a disservice to them.
I rarely eat out (restaurant food is generally disappointing) but I'm wondering how the SE visitors think of these coupon books (or for that matter their much more trendy BS Internet counterparts like "Groupon").