Serious Eats: Talk
Italian restaurant near West Village
So my boyfriend's and my 1 year anniversary is coming up shortly, and our favorite restaurant just closed (Nero D'avola)! We need a new special "us" place, and quick!
- In, around, or near the West Village (I don't mind going uptown a bit or across on the L, but going to the upper east side is a pain)
- His favorite thing in the world is mozzarella caprese. Extra points if it's bufala mozzarella. It really doesn't even need tomatoes. You can just plop a chunk of the mozzarella on the plate and he'd be happy.
- MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE VEGETARIAN OPTION (for me)
- Homemade pasta is a plus (though not required)
- Not outrageously expensive. It's our anniversary, but we're in our mid-20s and we're not loaded.
I know it's a huge list of requirements, but does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks so much!!