What's your favorite uncommon soup recipe?
This isn't my recipe, but I don't remember where I originally saw it and I haven't seen it anywhere in a few years. If you know where it's from, let me know.
What is your favorite uncommon soup?
Cauliflower in spicy tomato broth:
About This Recipe
|Active time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||45 minutes|
2 Tbsp olive oil
8 anchovy fillets
4 - 8 cloves garlic (depending on size and preference)
1 tsp red pepper flake (hot, or 1 Tbsp medium)
1 28 oz can whole tomatoes
32 oz chicken stock
1 head cauliflower
salt and pepper
flat leaf parsley
1. Heat stock pot to medium heat and add olive oil and anchovy fillets. Break up the fillets in the oil.
2. Slice the garlic into thin rounds and add them with the pepper flake to the pot. Season with salt and pepper, light on the salt due to the anchovies.
3. Once the garlic softens and starts to brown slightly, add the broth and tomatoes. Chop, lightly process, or crush the tomatoes in your hands prior to adding. Taste and re-season with salt and pepper if necessary.
4. Chop the cauliflower into marble sized florets. You can include much of the stem as well.
5. Once the soup is simmering, add the cauliflower and continue simmering for about 15 minutes, or until the cauliflower has softened a bit but still remains slightly firm.
Serve and garnish with grated cheese and chopped parsley.
A drizzle of truffle oil and some crusty bread wouldn't hurt either.