I have a ton of mini pumpkins (about 2 inches in diameter, 1-1.5 lb, plain orange) and I want to do something with them besides letting them collect dust on a window sill. They are not waxed, lacquered or dried- they're fresh from a coworker's garden.
I've tried looking this up myself, but everyone has a different opinion. Either I treat & cook them like a normal pumkin or they are inedible for some unstated reason (tough, bitter, poisonous, flavorless?). Can I eat them and is it weird to do so?