What's the worst odor you've smelled in a restaurant?
I was at Pulino's a few weeks ago. I absolutely loved their breakfast pizza. However,my experience was ruined by the bleachy odor of the staff cleaning the tables around us. Everyone at the table noticed it and it is really a horrible scent to experience while devouring pizza,or any food for that matter. The place literally smelled like a college bar being mopped up @ 3am. Disgusting!
It's not the first time I've had to smell windex or bleach sprayed at the table next to me in a restaurant. I just never understood how restaurant managers are so oblivious to such an important detail. As a chef,the last thing you want to hear is that a dining experience was tarnished by something that could easily be avoided by using odorless cleaning fluid.
This has become one of my dining pet peeves. Have any of you experienced the same/similar annoyance at restaurants?