Serious Eats: Talk
Later this month, I'm co-hosting a baby shower for a friend, who is from Wisconsin. She loves everything WI (a hard-core sports fan as well), so we'll definitely have pregnancy-safe WI cheeses as appetizers, but I want to make the food more interesting.
- I've never hosted a baby shower in my life, so I'm pretty much clueless.
- We're just doing drinks and appetizers, not a meal.
- We'll probably have some people who don't eat pork.
- One of the hosts is allergic to gluten (but she tolerates tiny amounts)
- If WI-theme seems difficult, alternative good ideas needed
- Dessert is ice cream cake.
Any ideas? thanks in advance!!