Cooking and Baking

Frosting Challenge Pt 3: Final Report!

I made my attempt at the cake yesterday morning. (See previous posts: here and here.)

I made a 3-layer devils' food chocolate cake (each layer was 6x6x2in). It was supposed to have a delicious, homemade buttercream frosting, but I managed to create butter-egg-sugar soup instead. Not sure what I did wrong there. Instead, I just used store-bought buttercream (not nearly as good) because I was almost out of time.

I also had my first experience with fondant -- which went better than I expected -- in creating the decorations.

As promised, you can find a picture of the cake here.


Talk is closed, but that doesn't mean the conversations have to stop!

Check out this post for a more thorough explanation, and jump onto our Facebook page or our Twitter feed to keep the conversations going!

Comments:

Comments are closed