Mango allergy?

After having my face break out into a rash, a doctor determined that I am probably suffering from a sudden allergy to mangos as I eat one per day and probably touched the peel, and then touched my face, causing hives to develop. Apparently the peel carries oils similar to those in poison ivy. Has anyone experienced a mango allergy or a reaction to touching the skin? If so, is there any way around it or should I just stay as far away from mangos as possible?

 
Serious Eats Newsletters

Keep up with our latest recipes, tips, techniques and where to eat!

Comments:

Comments are closed

Talk is closed - check out our Facebook and Twitter accounts instead.