Holiday Star Cookies
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Ready-to-spread frosting (any white variety) I used Cream Cheese Frosting
- Coarse white sparkling sugar<
- Red Non Pareil Sprinkles
- Sweetened Coconut Flake
- Optional: 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in 1/4 cup of the flour until well blended. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon flour onto work surface; coat all sides of dough with flour. With rolling pin, roll out dough 1/4 inch thick, adding additional flour as needed to prevent sticking.
With floured 2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out stars. Gently brush excess flour from stars; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. (I used 2 sizes for variety, but baked them all for the same length of time.)
Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Frost cookies with frosting. Dip in bowls filled with sugar & sprinkles.