Crescent Roll Breakfast Stacks
Total time: 30 minutes
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 can (8 oz.) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz.) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe *Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 20 oz. pkg. refrigerated ready-to-cook shredded hash browns (not frozen)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (reserve 1 tblsp. for garnish)
- 2 tblsp. oil
- 6 slices cooked bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (5 oz.) grated cheddar cheese (reserve 1/4 cup for garnish)
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
Preheatt he oven to 375.
Heavily butter 4 6-inch mini-skillets and place them on a baking sheet. (Note: the mini-skillets are not a requirement for making this recipe! You can use oven-proof bowls or simply place the crescent dough in four rectangles on a buttered baking sheet.)
If using crescent dinner rolls, separate the dough into four rectangles, pressing the seams together so that they are sealed. If using the seamless dough sheet, cut the sheet into four rectangles. Fit the crescent dough rectangles into the skillets, oven-proof bowls, or onto a sheet pan.
Bake the dough for 5 minutes until it is just set to the touch.
Meanwhile, cook the hash browns and green onions in a non-stick skillet with the oil for about 6 minutes.
Carefully remove the skillets/bowls/baking sheet with the crescent dough from the oven. Mound 1/4 of the hash brown and onion mixture onto each crescent dough rectangle forming a shallow well in the center. Sprinkle the tops with 1/4 of the grated cheese. Break one egg into the well at the center of each rectangle.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are set as you desire. (Note: baked eggs are usually set within 7-8 minutes but at a higher temperature. We're baking at a lower temperature in this recipe so cooking time will be a bit longer.)
Remove from the oven and cool slightly. Garnish with the reserved cheese and onions.