Coquito Frosted Sugar Cookies
Total Time: 17 minutes
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 12 minutes
- 1 (16.5oz) package Pillsbury® Sugar Cookie Dough
For the Coquito Frosting:
- 8oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp coconut cream (not coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp dark rum (not spiced)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg, plus extra for garnishing
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
Bake sugar cookies according to package, then let cool for 30 minutes before frosting.
While the cookies are baking, make the frosting.
In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add coconut cream then beat until incorporated. Add sweetened condensed milk and rum then beat until incorporated. Add remaining ingredients and continue beating until completely smooth and incorporated.
Once the cookies have cooled, frost the top of each cookie with about 1 1/2 tbsp of the Coquito frosting. Grate fresh nutmeg over the tops of each frosted cookie. Store in a single layer in an air-tight container, chilled for up to about 5 or 6 days.
This is post is paid for by an advertiser; produced by Serious Eats. Read more about our advertising policy here.