Brown Butter Apple Cheddar Pie Crescents
Total Time: 35 minutes
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes, plus 5 minutes cooling time
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and cut into 8 1/2-inch slices
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (8 oz) can Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 2-inch-long, thin slices extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Continue stirring until butter turns a dark caramel color. Remove from heat; transfer to a small bowl.
Toss apple slices with butter in bowl.
In a separate small bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Unroll and divide crescent roll dough into triangles on baking sheet.
Top each triangle evenly with brown sugar mixture, then top each triangle with an apple slice and a cheese slice.
Carefully roll up triangles from the long end. Brush tops with remaining butter.
Bake 10 to 15 minutes until crescents are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
This is post is paid for by an advertiser; produced by Serious Eats. Read more about our advertising policy here.