Chocolate Chip Bacon Caramel Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies are a pretty perfect food. But bacon and caramel make them an ooey gooey sweet and salty delight. This is dude food at its best, but of course ladies and kids will eat them up, too.
Makes 16 cookies
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- 1 tube Pillsbury® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 slice thick cut bacon, cooked crispy
- 8 milk caramel candies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Unwrap each of the caramel candies. Now, cut each candy in half using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, so you have 16 caramel pieces.
3. Dice the bacon into tiny pieces.
4. Break the dough by hand into a large mixing bowl. Add the bacon to the dough, and by hand, gently fold the bacon into the dough. Once incorporated, form the dough into a ball. Break it in half for two pieces, then those pieces in half for four pieces, and two more times until you have 16 equal pieces of dough.
5. Grab a piece of dough and a caramel piece. Wrap the dough around the caramel so that it covers it on all sides. Place on your prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining cookies, putting eight cookies on each sheet in two rows of four, with 2 inches of space on all sides.
6. Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden on top and with a dull finish in the center.
7. Remove from oven and let cool on the sheets for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: if any caramel drips out from any of the cookies, use a spatula to lightly press it back in toward the cookie while they are still on the baking sheet. As the cookies cool, it will firm into a pleasant sort of "caramel brittle" on the side of the cookie.