Serious Eats: Talk
Cheesy Broccoli Puffs with Sriracha Sauce
Spice up your holiday party with these 2-bite appetizers, paired with irresistible Sriracha dipping sauce. Made with Green Giant® Broccoli & Cheese Sauce and Bisquick®, they're simple to prepare and ready in less than an hour.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Start to finish: 1 hour
12 servings (24 puffs)
- 1 bag (12 oz) Green Giant® broccoli & cheese sauce
- 3/4 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices precooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- Sliced green onions, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F.Generously grease or spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. Cook broccoli as directed on bag for minimum time. Chop broccoli.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, eggs crushed red pepper and salt with whisk or fork until blended. Stir in broccoli and cheese sauce, Parmesan cheese and bacon. Divide mixture evenly among cups.Fill cups to top.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and tops are light brown. Cool 5 minutes. With thin knife, loosen sides of puffs from pan; remove to cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, mix mayonnaise and sriracha in small bowl until smooth. Top each warm puff with mixture; garnish with green onion.