Bursting with toasty pecans, butter, cinnamon and sugar, these pecan morning rolls are a quick, easy, and sweet way to start the day.
Makes 6 rolls Active time: 15 minutes Total time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tube Pillsbury® Original Crescent Rolls
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt, stirring until completely combined. Set to the side for the moment.
- Open the tube of Pillsbury® Crescent roll dough, and unroll two rectangles. Place them side by side to form one large rectangle, with the wide side facing you.
- Using your hands, gently work the perforations together so you have one seamless rectangle of dough. Repeat on the opposite side. This step is important as it will make the rolling process easier later on.
- Brush the rectangle on one side with the melted butter, reserving a small bit of melted butter to brush on the tops of the finished rolls.
- Scatter the cinnamon and sugar mixture all over the rectangle. Scatter the toasted pecan pieces on top.
- Align the rectangle so that the wide side is facing you again if you've moved it. Cut the rectangle from the bottom to top into six equal short strips.
- Gently roll the first strip. It will be somewhat unwieldy because of all of the tasty toppings, so just go slow. Once you've rolled it, it will be like a large snail. Gently flatten it a slight bit so that it is bulbous on the sides, but narrower on the top and bottom. Using your fingers, gently press the "seam" so that it connects (if you don't, the rolls may unwrap in the oven).
- If you have any castaway pecans that have fallen out during the rolling process, stuff them in the top of the rolls. Place the rolled buns on the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden and the fillings are bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.