This pepperoni and cheese stuffed pull apart bread is sure to please a crowd.
30 minute prep time 1 hour and 30 minutes total time 6 servings 7 ingredients
- 4 oz pepperoni stick, diced
- 1 cup shredded four cheese blend
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- 10 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cans (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Move oven rack to the center position and preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 12 inch fluted tube pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine toss together pepperoni pieces and shredded cheese. In another medium bowl olive oil, garlic and parsley. Add grated Parmesan to a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove crescent dough from package. Use a serrated knife to cut each roll into 8 rounds. Lightly dust the rounds with flour then flatten into 3 inch circles. Add a generous tablespoon of pepperoni and cheese filling to the center of each circle. Pull the edges towards the center like a purse and pinch it shut to form a ball. Repeat until you have 16 dough balls.
- Dip the dough balls in the olive oil mixture then roll in Parmesan cheese. Add 8 balls to the bottom of the pan seam side up. Place the remaining 8 balls seam side up on top staggering them so they rest on the seams between balls on the first layer. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; invert and remove pan. Serve warm with marinara sauce, if desired.