Garden Vegetables with Lemon-Scented Quinoa
Looking for an easy, modern side dish this holiday season? Add a twist of lemon with this recipe. Just five simple steps, and made from start to finish in less than 30 minutes, it makes a simple side or a great meatless dinner.
Prep Time: 30 Min
Start to Finish: 30 Min
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 bag (12 oz) Green Giant® garden vegetable medley
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 1/2 cup thin strips red onion
- Prepare quinoa as directed on package, adding salt to water. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and lemon peel. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook garden vegetable medley as directed on bag.
- In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in cooked garden vegetable medley. Spoon quinoa mixture onto serving platter; top with vegetable mixture.