Why choose between coffee and hot chocolate? The Milanese drink called barbajada is a frothy mix of the two, topped with whipped cream just for kicks.
Why It WorksCoffee? Hot chocolate? Have both! Read the Whole Story
- Combining coffee and hot chocolate = maximum fun.
- Whisking the mixture makes it extra frothy.
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (3/4 ounce; 25g)
- 1/4 cup sugar (2 ounces; 55g)
- 1 1/2 cups (355ml) milk
- 2/3 cup (160ml) strong coffee or espresso
- Whipped cream, for serving
In a medium bowl, stir together cocoa powder and sugar until thoroughly combined. In a medium saucepan, heat milk over moderate heat until steaming. Whisk in cocoa/sugar mixture along with coffee, whisking rapidly until hot and frothy. Divide into warmed mugs and top with whipped cream.