What's more summery than sangria? A sangria that tastes a bit like an Aperol spritz, with peaches and vanilla thrown in for good measure. Prep it in advance, then serve it as a refreshing party drink.
Why It WorksThe perfect summer refresher. Read the Whole Story
- Vanilla syrup adds a floral fragrance.
- Sparkling water gives it just the slightest effervescence.
- 1/4 cup sugar (2 ounces; 50g)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 (750ml) bottle dry rosé wine
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Aperol
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh juice from 2 lemons
- 1 cup (240ml) sparkling water
- 2 medium peaches (about 170g; 6 ounces each), pitted and diced
In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water and bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add vanilla bean. Let stand 15 minutes. Remove vanilla bean and reserve for another use.
Pour vanilla syrup into a pitcher and stir in wine, Aperol, and lemon juice; this mixture can be refrigerated up to 24 hours in advance. Just before serving, stir in sparkling water and peaches. Serve in ice-filled glasses.