A classic compound butter flavored with parsley, garlic, and lemon. It's perfect for grilled steak, seafood, or vegetables.
Why It Works
- Combining herbs and aromatics with butter creates the world's simplest sauce for grilled seafood, meat, and vegetables.
- Yield:Makes 5 ounces (140g)
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 1 stick unsalted butter (4 ounces; 115g), softened
- 1/4 cup (about 10g) packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) juice plus 2 teaspoons (10ml) zest from 1 lemon
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine butter, parsley, lemon juice and zest, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor (see note above) and pulse until garlic and herbs are chopped and lemon juice is incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper and pulse to combine. Wrap butter tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for several months.