This rich and creamy frozen peach cocktail has a lot of spice from Angostura bitters and two kinds of rum. The dark rum float is an added boozy bonus, but if you'd like to keep the drink light, leave it off.
Why It WorksPeaches meet tropical flavors in this slushy cocktail. Read the Whole Story
- A frozen cocktail is a great place for peaches you've let get a little too ripe.
- Angostura adds balanced spice and bitterness without overpowering the fruity peaches.
- Pre-batching and chilling the cocktail mixture the night before you serve it gives you a cold base that requires less ice in the blender and won't melt the drink right away.
- 6 ounces white rum, such as Cana Brava
- 4 ounces coconut cream, such as Coco Lopez
- 2 ounces simple syrup (see note above)
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and cubed
- 8 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 ounce dark rum, such as Blackwell, divided (optional)
- Ground cinnamon and 4 cinnamon sticks, for garnish
Combine rum, coconut cream, simple syrup, and Angostura in a zipper-lock bag or resealable container. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to overnight.
To serve, transfer the rum mixture to a blender and add 3 cups ice. Blend at high speed until well mixed and thick, about 45 seconds. Pour into 4 highball glasses and top each with 1/4 ounce dark rum (if desired), a dash of cinnamon, and a cinnamon stick.