Inspired by the flavors of bagna cauda, the famed Northern Italian vegetable dip made from melted butter, olive oil, garlic, and anchovies, this snack is like your classic buttered popcorn but with extra bold, grownup flavor.
- Yield:Makes about 8 cups
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:10 minutes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 6 anchovy filets, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels, popped (about 8 cups popped)
- Kosher salt
In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat until foaming subsides. Stir in garlic and anchovies and cook, stirring, until anchovies have melted into the sauce and garlic has lost some of its raw aroma, about 4 minutes. Stir in olive oil.
Place popped popcorn in a large mixing bowl and drizzle anchovy-garlic butter all over, tossing as you go. Season with salt, if necessary, and serve.