This recipe appears in:Tomato Bounty Week: Tomato and Burrata Salad With Olives and Basil
A dynamite duo of ripe, juicy tomatoes and creamy burrata cheese joins briny kalamata olives, aromatic lemon zest, and ribbons of fresh basil, all garnished with quality olive oil, a splash of red wine vinegar, and a finishing sprinkle of fresh-cracked pepper and flaky sea salt.
Note: Burrata is available at Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Italian markets. Like mozzarella, the best burrata is impeccably fresh.
- 8 ounces (2 balls) burrata cheese (see note above)
- 2 ripe medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup pitted and sliced Kalamata olives
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Flaky sea salt
Carefully slice burrata cheese balls in half and arrange on plates with tomatoes and olives. Garnish with lemon zest and basil. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Finish each plate with a few turns of cracked black pepper and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt. Serve immediately.