Cool cucumbers and herbal Green Chartreuse make for a savory, intriguing spin on the frozen daiquiri that's wonderfully refreshing. Batch it the night before and you're ready to start the party without a care the next day.
Note: To make simple syrup, combine 1 cup water with 1 cup sugar in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Cool before using. Simple syrup will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If you double the recipe, blend it in two batches to avoid overflowing your blender.
Why this recipe works:
- Chilling the mixture overnight ensures your daiquiri will not dilute when it's combined with the ice, and gives a slush that better holds its shape.
Savory Cucumber and Green Chartreuse Frozen Daiquiri
About This Recipe
|Yield:||makes 4 cocktails|
|Active time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||8 hours|
|This recipe appears in:||Upgrade Your Frozen Daiquiri With Fresh Fruit (and Vegetables!)|
- 8 ounces white rum, such as Caña Brava
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed juice from 4 limes
- 1 1/2 ounces Green Chartreuse
- 2 ounces simple syrup (see note above)
- 2 cucumbers, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 4 cups ice cubes
- 4 cucumber spears and lime zest for garnish
At least 1 day before you'd like to serve the cocktail, combine rum, lime juice, Green Chartreuse, and simple syrup in an airtight container. Store in the freezer for at least 8 hours.
Pour pre-chilled base into blender with cucumber rounds and ice. Blend until even in texture—you should no longer hear ice rattling in the blender when you pause. Pour into serving glasses, garnish each drink with a cucumber spear and lime zest, and serve.