Mint, pistachios, and feta make a deeply flavorful, rich variation on a classic pesto. It's delicious tossed with pasta, drizzled on fresh vegetables like sliced tomatoes, or served as a sauce for meats like chicken, pork, or lamb.
Fresh Mint, Feta, and Pistachio Pesto
About This Recipe
|Yield:||Makes about 1 cup (enough for 4 pasta servings)|
|Active time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||10 minutes|
|Special equipment:||Immersion blender or food processor|
- 1/4 cup (1.5 ounces) unsalted shelled pistachios
- 1 medium clove garlic
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 ounce mint (about 5 sprigs), leaves picked
- 1/4 cup packed parsley leaves and tender stems
- 2 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 heaping tablespoon Bulgarian feta
Using a food processor or immersion blender, pulse pistachios, garlic, pinch of salt, and 2 tablespoons oil until nuts and garlic are finely ground. Add mint, parsley, both cheeses, and remaining oil and pulse, scraping down the side of container as needed, until very finely minced. Season with salt.