A sophisticated take on a blended fruit daiquiri, made with naturally sweet ripe peaches, flavored with white pepper and green tea.
Why this recipe works:
- Chilling the mixture overnight ensures your daiquiri will not dilute when it's combined with the ice, and gives a slush that better holds its shape.
Note: if you double the recipe, blend it in two batches to avoid overflowing your blender.
Sweet Peach Frozen Daiquiri With White Pepper and Green Tea
About This Recipe
|Yield:||makes 4 cocktails|
|Active time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||10 hours|
|Special equipment:||blender, saucepan, strainer|
- For the White Pepper-Green Tea Syrup:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 green tea bags
- 2 tablespoons white peppercorns, whole
- For the cocktail:
- 8 ounces white rum, such as Selvarey
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed juice from 4 limes
- 2 ripe peaches, roughly cubed (about 3 cups)
- 2 1/2 ounces White Pepper-Green Tea Syrup
- 4 cups ice
- 4 peach slices and lime zest for garnish
For the White Pepper-Green Tea Syrup: Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in sugar to dissolve. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Let steep 5 minutes, then remove tea bags. Stir in peppercorns. Cover and let sit for 1 1/2 hours. Strain and bottle into an airtight container. Keep refrigerated up to 2 weeks.
For the cocktail: At least 1 day before you want to serve the drink, combine rum, lime juice, and White Pepper Green Tea Syrup in an airtight container. Store in the freezer for at least 8 hours. When ready to serve, pour pre-chilled base into blender with peaches and ice. Blend until mixture is uniform and you don't hear chunks of ice rattling when you pause blender. Pour into serving glasses and, garnish with a peach slice and lime zest, and serve.