These quick and tender turkey burgers are packed with flavor, including a topping of charred scallions and a flavor-packed sriracha mayo. They're a delicious 30-minute meal.
Why this recipe works:
- The burger patty is gently mixed with fresh herbs and garlic to amp up the turkey's flavor without overworking the meat.
- Using dark meat results in patties that are more juicy and flavorful than ones made with white meat.
Note: While dark meat from turkey thighs results in the juiciest, most flavorful patties, breast meat will also work well here.
Juicy Turkey Burgers With Sriracha Mayo and Charred Scallions
About This Recipe
|Active time:||25 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||How to Make Juicy Turkey Burgers With Three Delicious Toppings|
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage from 1 medium head
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, preferably Kewpie brand
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 pound ground turkey meat, preferably dark meat
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed cilantro leaves and fine stems, roughly chopped
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced or grated with a Microplane
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, dark green parts cut into 2-inch pieces on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 burger buns, toasted
Combine cabbage, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, fish sauce, and mint in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Stir together mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, gently combine the turkey, salt, pepper, cilantro, and garlic, being careful not to overwork it, until just combined. Form into 4 loosely packed patties.
Heat the oil in large skillet over medium heat until lightly smoking. Add the patties and cook until browned and crispy, about 6 minutes per side. Let rest.
Meanwhile, pour off all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the pan and heat over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add scallions and cook until browned in spots, about 2 minutes. Add sesame seeds and cook until light browned and fragrant, about 30 seconds longer. Let rest 5 minutes.
Place the slaw on bottom bun halves, top with burger patties and scallions. Spread mayo on top bun halves, close burgers and serve immediately.