These quick and tender turkey burgers are packed with flavor, including a topping of avocado mashed with cumin and crisp, fresh bean sprouts. They're a delicious 30-minute meal.
Why this recipe works:
- The burger patty is gently mixed with fresh herbs and garlic to amp up the turkey's flavor without overworking the meat.
- Using dark meat results in patties that are more juicy and flavorful than ones made with white meat.
Note: While dark meat from turkey thighs results in the juiciest, most flavorful patties, breast meat will also work well here.
Juicy Turkey Burgers With Avocado-Cumin Mash and Sprouts
About This Recipe
|Active time:||25 minutes|
|Total time:||25 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||How to Make Juicy Turkey Burgers With Three Delicious Toppings|
- 1 pound ground turkey meat, preferably dark meat
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves and fine stems, roughly chopped
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced or grated with a Microplane
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, pitted
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of dried red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh juice from 1 lemon
- 4 leaves Boston lettuce
- Sprouts, such as radish sprouts, for garnish
- 4 burger buns, toasted
In a mixing bowl, gently combine the turkey, salt, pepper, cilantro, and garlic, being careful not to overwork it, until just combined. Form into 4 loosely packed patties.
Heat the oil in large skillet over medium heat until lightly smoking. Add the patties and cook until browned and crispy, about 6 minutes per side. Let rest.
Combine avocado, cumin, chili flakes, and lemon juice in a medium bowl and mash until creamy. Season with salt and pepper. Place lettuce on the bottom bun halves, top with burger patties, avocado mash, and sprouts. Close burger and serve immediately.