Juicy oven-roasted plums sweetened with cinnamon sugar top buttery and flaky puff pastry in these quick and easy tarts. Using our recipe for quick and easy blitz puff pastry, they're incredibly easy to make and still deliver tons of real butter flavor.
Why this recipe works:
- This recipe uses blitz puff pastry, which is easier to make than traditional puff pastry and still produces tender buttery layers.
- Tart, juicy plums pair beautifully with the buttery pastry.
Notes: Keep puff pastry as cold as possible while working with it. When portioning the puff pastry, the thickness of the dough is the most important thing; you may get more than 4 rectangles out of the dough.
- Yield:Serves 4
- Active time: 25 minutes
- Total time:40 minutes
- 1 (12-ounce) piece blitz puff pastry (see note above)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 medium red plums (4 ounces each), pitted and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment or silicone liner. Roll out puff pastry to a 1/4-inch thick, 15- by 6-inch rectangle. Trim edges with sharp knife and cut into 4 rectangles approximately 3 1/2- by 6-inches each.
Place puff pastry rectangles on prepared baking sheet. Stir sugar and cinnamon in small bowl until combined.
Brush puff pastry rectangles with some of the melted butter and sprinkle surface with half of cinnamon sugar. Arrange plum wedges in center of rectangles, slightly overlapping them and leaving a roughly 1-inch border around edges.
Brush plums with remaining melted butter and sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar all over tarts. Bake until plums are soft and pastry is puffed and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool. Serve warm or room temperature.