Combine our recipes for foolproof Hollandaise sauce and foolproof poached eggs—along with a toasted, buttered English muffin and ham crisped in butter—and you've got yourself a plate of eggs Benedict, the unrivaled King of brunch dishes.
Why this recipe works:
- Our Foolproof 2-Minute Hollandaise uses hot butter and an immersion blender to create a creamy, light, perfect hollandaise in a fraction of the time that it takes to make a traditional batch. And it's much easier.
- The secret to Foolproof Poached Eggs is to drain them in a strainer before gently lowering them into a pot of hot water. This eliminates all of the annoying, excess wispy whites.
Note: Poached eggs can be stored in a bowl of warm water until ready to place on English muffins. They can also be cooked up to three days ahead, stored in a bowl of water in the refrigerator. To reheat, add the eggs to a bowl of hot tap water and let them sit for at least 15 minutes. Hollandaise should be made just before cooking ham and toasting English muffins. It can be kept warm in a covered pot on a warm spot of the stove. Do not reheat directly over a flame or it will curdle and break.
- Yield:Serves 4
- Active time: 30 minutes
- Total time:30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 slices Canadian bacon or ham steak, cut into English muffin-sized pieces
- 4 buttered and toasted English muffins
- 8 Foolproof Poached Eggs (see note above)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 recipe Foolproof Hollandaise, kept warm (see note above)
- Minced fresh parsley or chives (optional)
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat until foaming. Add ham slices and cook, turning occasionally, until heated through, golden brown, and crisp on both sides. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
Divide English muffin halves between 4 plates. Place 1 ham slice on each English muffin half. Drain eggs on paper towel-lined plate and place one egg on each ham slice. Season eggs with salt and pepper.
Spoon warm hollandaise over each egg. Sprinkle with parsley or chives (if using) and serve immediately.