Delicious drop biscuits—quick and easy to make—are stuffed with scrambled eggs loaded with melted mozzarella cheese, a touch of feta, and plenty of fresh dill. On the surface, this may seem like a lot of work just for breakfast, but it actually couldn't be easier to prepare.
Why this recipe works:
- Using just a little feta and then supplementing it with mild mozzarella cheese provides plenty of feta flavor without it overpowering the eggs, plus the great texture of melted mozzarella cheese.
- A base of onions cooked in butter adds depth and complexity to the scrambled eggs.
- Drop biscuits are so quick and easy to whip up, this dish is a fraction of the work it seems.
Note: Depending on how salty your feta is, you may not need extra salt to season the eggs: taste before seasoning.
Scrambled Egg and Cheese Drop-Biscuit Breakfast Sandwiches
About This Recipe
|Active time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||20 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely diced yellow onion (from about 1/2 medium onion)
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 6 ounces mozzarella, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon minced dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 freshly baked large drop biscuits, split
In a medium nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat until starting to foam. Add onion and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add eggs and cook, stirring constantly, until loosely curds form throughout. Add feta and mozzarella and cook, stirring, until mozzarella is melted and eggs are softly scrambled, about 1 minute. Stir in dill and remove from heat. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Arrange biscuit bottom halves on plates and spoon eggs on top. Close biscuits with top halves and serve immediately.