This recipe appears in:Survive Summer Mornings With This Coffee, Banana, and Hazelnut Shake
When the weather's warm, a cold blender drink makes the perfect breakfast. This quick smoothie brings it all together with sweet banana, nutty hazelnuts, and a jolt of chilled coffee.
Note: When your bananas are starting to get too ripe, peel them and stash them in the freezer for this drink, and they won't have to go to waste. The coffee can also be prepared in advance and held in the refrigerator overnight, or brewed directly onto ice.
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, chilled
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, soaked in water (at room temperature) overnight, drained
- 1/4 cup milk, nut milk, or soy milk
- 1 frozen peeled banana
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 5 ice cubes
- Toasted coconut flakes, for serving (optional)
Add chilled coffee, hazelnuts, milk, banana, and agave nectar to blender and blend on high until completely smooth, about 1 minute. Add ice and blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds longer. Transfer to one or two glasses, sprinkle with coconut and serve immediately.