Summer's the time to break out the blender for morning smoothies—the weather's hot and the fruit is ripe. Get out of your berry-and-yogurt rut with this ultra-creamy smoothie using a usually-savory ingredient: avocado.
Why this recipe works:
- Smooth, ripe avocado brings unparalleled texture to the smoothie, making it rich and smooth.
- Sweet, ripe mango tames any savory avocado notes, and pineapple balances the drink with plenty of tropical flavor and some much-needed acidity.
- Yield:Makes 2 (14-ounce) servings
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:10 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut water
- 1 ripe medium avocado, pitted, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups diced mango (about 9 ounces)
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple (about 3 ounces)
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
Add coconut water, avocado, mango, pineapple, ice, and agave nectar to blender. Blend on high until completely smooth, about 30 seconds. Divide between two glasses and serve immediately.